Thursday, January 29, 2009

What time should I schedule my after-work reception?

At 5:30 last night I tried to go to an event. I got there right on time... but not really.

The event -- a downtown, stand-up reception targeting business folks -- was actually scheduled for 6:30-8:30, NOT 5:30-7:30, as I had thought.

Total rooky mistake.

If you're hosting an event targeting the after-work crowd, the best time to do it is 5:30 until 7:00 or 7:30. This gives people plenty of time to wrap up work and just go straight to your event. Doing it at 6:30 is about as bad a time as you could possibly choose because a lot of folks won't want to just stick around work, and if they go home, they will be less likely to go out again.

- sean

Sean Spence
Community Events
www.commevents.com
seanspence@earthlink.net

No comments:

Post a Comment