Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Start by making a timeline

One of the first things I do when I start planning an event is create a quick timeline of key things that needs to happen to make the event successful -- starting with the day of the event and working my way backward.

Once that's done, everything else pretty much falls into place.

Here's an example of a preliminary timeline for an awards event:

Tuesday, May 18 Send a “save the date” notice
Tuesday, August 24 Launch Web site and Face book event page
Start accepting nominations
Tuesday, September 21 Deadline for nominations
Wednesday, September 22 Notify nominees
Tuesday, September 28 Send invitations
Tuesday, October 5 Final selections
Tuesday, October 26 Event?

This provided a foundation from which everything else could be created and discussed. As the event approached, we created a plan that included all of the necessary details -- budget, descriptions, assignments for event staff, etc. -- as well as a detailed budget.

1 comment:

  1. Good articles, Have you heard of LFDS (Le_Meridian Funding Service, Email: lfdsloans@outlook.com --WhatsApp Contact:+1-9893943740--lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com) is as USA/UK funding service they grant me loan of $95,000.00 to launch my business and I have been paying them annually for two years now and I still have 2 years left although I enjoy working with them because they are genuine Loan lender who can give you any kind of loan.

    ReplyDelete