Saturday, April 18, 2009

Better event follow-up -- Send hand-written notes

Earlier this week I put together an event for The Bank of Missouri -- a welcome reception for Columbia, Missouri's new school superintendent. We had almost 100 people there, and kept a complete list of attendees.

Afterward, I provided the list, with all available contact information, to the bank so they could do whatever follow-up made sense for them (e-mail messages, notes, or whatever).

For my part, I sent a hand-written note to all of the attendees that I know, personally, or with whom I had a significant conversation at the event (almost half).

Whoever is doing the thanking, the key is to extend the impact of the event, the positive feelings. A thank you note -- especially a hand-written one (which no one does anymore) -- is an opportunity to say thank you, as well as to reiterate the message of the event.

- sean

Sean Spence
Community Events
www.commevents.com
seanspence@earthlink.net
573-823-1308

No comments:

Post a Comment